The OJCS observes a dress code with the following purposes
- Proper appearance and dress enhances the educational environment at the JDS.
- Dignified attire engages students with a sense of pride and self worth.
- The OJCS uniform creates a positive feeling of school spirit.
- The uniform allows students to focus on means of creativity and self-expression other than clothing.
- A modest dress code tends to eliminate student preoccupation with external appearance in favour of greater focus on respect, responsibility and reaching for excellence.
The OJCS uniform policy requires students to wear a collared white or grey polo shirt or blouse with the school logo with navy pants, skirts or tunics.
All students must purchase a minimum of one white collared polo shirt (with the school logo.) All purchases of tops will be done through Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900163429).
The pants, skirts, and tunics may be purchased at an outlet of your choice, provided the item is navy and follows the school’s dress code. Socks, leggings and tights must be navy blue, grey or white. Shoes can be of any color.
For help with ordering OJCS uniforms please contact Jennifer Greenberg at 613-722-0020 ext. 345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Students are required to wear their uniforms at all times except for Dress Down
- Uniform shorts must be a solid navy colour, just as uniform pants and
- No baseball caps are allowed in class; caps are allowed during PE or during recess
- All Jewish males must wear kippot at all times within the school building.
- Earrings should be small and tasteful. (No large hoop earrings or long dangly
earrings safety reasons.)
- Dresses, skirts and shorts must fall to the kneecap.
- No low-cut, spaghetti straps or sleeveless shirts.
- Leggings are permitted to be worn under skirts. No leggings are to be worn as
pants even on Dress Down Days.
- No offensive wording on shirts.
- Shorts may not be worn, except for PE, when the temperature falls below 10
Students in violation of Dress Code will be provided a change of clothes until
their parent or guardian can bring an appropriate replacement. (NEW)
In addition to the school uniforms, OJCS branded apparel can be purchased at anytime throughout the year. Hoodies, sweatpants, kippahs and more are available. Now you can wear your RUACH and look good at the same time!
Please refrain from wearing perfumes when in the school building as many of our
students and faculty suffer from asthma and allergies. Your cooperation is appreciated.