We are incorporating STEAM into many of our classrooms through activities such as building bridges out of pasta in science class to constructing mini Sukkahs that are both kosher and to scale in Judaics class.
Technology is changing the life of schools – it plays an increasingly important role in teaching and learning. New technologies extend learning to spaces beyond classrooms, allow for new curricula that bring real-world problems into schools and support new forms of assessment for learning.
Through integrated learning experiences made possible with the use of advanced technology, we are building our capacity to provide students with opportunities to examine problems and explore innovative solutions. The effective implementation of assistive technologies, such as SMARTBoards, iPads and educational Apps, is enhancing literacy acquisition, mathematical understanding, individualized learning experiences and student engagement.
Key digital teaching and learning tools in our classrooms:
- All classes are equipped with SMARTBoard technology
- All classes have access to 60 iPad Air devices
- Students and teachers have access to document camera stands
- Students have access to laptop computers
- Our teachers have been digitally trained through Apple Canada’s Professional Development Program on the use of educational apps and websites
- We are active on multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Constant Contact