The Ottawa Jewish Community School is currently seeking a full-time, qualified, Grade 5 & Middle School Judaic Studies teacher who is responsible for teaching the Judaic and Hebrew curricula, which includes Hebrew language instruction, Tanakh, Israel, Chagim and t’fillah. Duties include, but are not limited to religious teaching and facilitation of daily prayer services, teaching Jewish rituals and traditions, providing instruction on and promoting Jewish beliefs, providing instruction on and facilitating religious engagement/ providing instruction on how to read, translate, and make meaning of Bible and Jewish religious texts.
The candidate we hire will:
- Be fluent in Hebrew and well-versed in Judaic Studies;
- Develop, prepare, and implement lesson plans based on the curriculum;
- Collaborate with other faculty members and administrative staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods;
- Prepare lessons that reflect differentiation for individual student needs and implement the recommendations from assessments featured in Individual Education Plans;
- Be a positive role model for students reflective of the mission of the school;
- Participate actively and meaningfully in Professional Development opportunities and be committed to professional growth
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students
- Manage student behaviour in the school philosophy.
Interested candidates that meet the above criteria should click here to download the full job description and follow the application instructions therein.