OJCS is currently looking for a Head of Jewish Studies & Jewish Life
The Ottawa Jewish Community School is seeking a passionate and innovative Jewish educator to join the Leadership Team of a cutting-edge, pluralistic JK -8 school located in the capital of Canada. The Head of Jewish Studies & Jewish Life will be the lead educator for Jewish Studies at OJCS, working with the Head of School and Vice Principal to move our innovative and personalized learning program forward. S/he will also be charged with thinking through student life activities with a Jewish lens. This is a newly expanded position and we are open to different configurations of teaching and administration to best marry our needs and the talents of the right candidate for the school.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Jewish Studies Curriculum Development and Implementation
- Supervision of Jewish Studies Faculty
- Liaison with other community agencies in Ottawa and outside of Ottawa, e.g., Federation, Prizmah, synagogue rabbis, other schools with regard to Jewish Studies.
- Teacher mentoring and professional development
- Holiday assembly programming oversight
- Recruitment of supply (substitute) teachers for Jewish Studies and review of resumes submitted for teacher placement in school
- Exploring new teaching techniques and technologies unique to Jewish Studies and Hebrew language instruction
- Working with Head of School and Leadership Team to move the strategic plan of the school forward
- Serve as a Resource for all Jewish Studies Faculty
- Ordering of all curricula and supplies for Jewish Studies
- Organizing and helping to facilitate Middle School minyanim
- Advising students and families on Jewish educational opportunities post-OJCS
- Design and facilitate Jewish life programming
- Teaching selected courses in the Middle School
CLICK HERE for the full job description and application instructions.
Leave a Reply