OJCS is currently seeking a Chief Accountant
The Ottawa Jewish Community School is currently seeking a Chief Accountant, who is critical in maintaining the infrastructure and processes to support meaningful financial management for the school. The Chief Accountant is a full-time position. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including flexible working arrangements and flexible summer hours. If you are a person who wants to shape best in class financial processes, OJCS needs you!
The Chief Accountant is responsible for the direct administration of general accounting services at the OJCS, including:
- Guiding and directing accounting operations for OJCS and the OJCS Board of Directors, including managing general ledgers and related sub-ledgers, trial balances, payables and receivables.
- Creating purchase orders and processing invoices (including those related to contracts) by ensuring that the goods and services have been received, proper authorization has been obtained and that the invoices are accurate.
- Coding all purchase orders and invoices with the appropriate general ledger codes and entering transactional information into the accounting system. Managing vendor payment runs.
- Completing the month-end and year-end transactions and producing regular financial reports for management, the Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
- Supporting the annual budget process and monitoring budget to actual on a regular basis.
- And much more…
We are seeking someone whose qualifications include:
- Post-Secondary Education, either University Degree (specializing in Finance or Accounting) or College Diploma (specializing in Business Administration, Commerce, Accounting) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Workspace
- Advanced abilities in Excel
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- And more…